Buying a drone for the first time can be quite challenging because the drone market currently flooded with lot of options and choosing one drone above other requires lot of thought. Before buying a drone, there are some important checklists to consider if you want to get excellent value for your money. Here are our top 7 checklist for buying a drone as a first timer.
- Purpose of The Drone: There are so many drones in the market customized for different purposes like surveillance, acrobatics, and photography. So you must know the purpose of buying your drone before choosing one, for photography you may need a drone with an HD camera to capture quality images and videos.
- Your Budget: Most importantly you must consider your budget. Drones built for recreational purposes are usually very affordable, it is advisable to avoid cheap drones especially those made with low plastic quality, this is because the cost of repairs will increase the total investment in the long run. However, you can get a good drone for $100.
- Environment to fly your drone: It is vital to consider the environment where you wish to fly your drone. Are you flying the drone indoor or outdoor? If you are flying your drone outdoor, you will need a stable and larger device. However, if you choose to fly your drone indoor, you need a smaller device. If you are unsure of where to fly your drone, choose a drone that can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Level of Experience: For a beginner, it is vital that you do not opt for a cheap drone that lacks the features which make operation easy. If you are uncertain about your capabilities in flying a drone, then it is vital to choose a drone that has the following features, auto-takeoff, auto-landing, and headless mode.
- Material Used In Construction: If you do not want to throw your drone away after a few weeks consider the materials used in constructing the drone before buying. If you are on a budget, don’t opt for cheap drones that are made of ABS plastic instead opt for stronger ABS plastic alternatives. Also note that drones made of carbon and fiberglass is of the best quality and durable even though they cost much.
- Availability of Replacement Parts: Drone can break or get damaged at some point in time. Therefore it is vital to choose drones with replaceable parts especially for major parts like the landing gear, controller motors, batteries, and propellers.
- Flying Time: Some drones fly for just 4 to 5 minutes while others last for 15 to 20 minutes even though they are more expensive than those with short flying time. Therefore you must consider your flying time before choosing a drone.
Finally, if you are buying a drone for the first time, it is vital to consider the checklist listed above in order to reduce the risks of making the wrong choice.